March 29, 2011

What a mess...

OK, remember in my last post how I raved about my new job as a QA Manager at a different company, but within the same virtual world? Forget about it. It's been a total mess from beginning to end. The week after I quit my job as Test Lead (to the day 1 week after I signed on as QA Manager), the site manager of the new company came to see me. Due to financial issues, the American owner of the company ordered all new hires to be immediately let go, including myself. In reality that meant that my time with the new company would be over before it even started! To make things worse, my old company could not take me back since the financial issues I just mentioned also meant that outstanding payments from the Americans to my old employer could and would not be finalized, leaving them short of cash. So I went from new job to no job in just a week.

This, of course, sucked major ass and I instantly started to look for a new job somewhere else. Fortunately for me, the market is practically screaming for good testers at the moment and it didn't take long before I connected with several new potential employers. And wouldn't you know, the one company I wanted to work with the most also wanted me, and even though they haven't set up their regional office here yet (they will within a month), they agreed to hire me and pay me while I stay home and wait for them to officially open (or when I get an assignment, whichever comes first) just to make sure that no one else hires me. How about that?

There will (most likely) be no more testing of virtual world platforms though, but that doesn't matter one bit. However, I doubt that I will find the time to keep this blog updated (I barely do now), so even if I don't shut it down right away, don't expect a lot of activity here in the near future.

But then again, you never know...