August 29, 2010

Back in Black...

...black being the color of my mood. This is just not funny anymore. After the vacation I was actually quite happy about going back to work, for some reason thinking things would have changed to the better. But no. Hell no.

Test is still an underappreciated part of the organization, a necessary evil, that management has decided to ignore as much as possible. When looking at the release plan for the fall, it becomes painfully clear that they either have no idea how much work we have to do for each massive update and leaves us with no more than five days to test, or they simply don't care if everything is tested or not, as long as we meet the release date.

To paraphrase Darth Vader: "I find the lack of professionalism disturbing".

I've actually reached the moment where I only wait for the upcoming, already paid for, conferences. As soon as they are over, I will do everything to get away from this underappreciated, extremely underpaid, job and find my luck somewhere else. The current situation is simply not good for me.